Nano Burns: Third Nano catches fire, this time in Delhi
A Tata Nano burst into flames in Delhi but fortunately, no one was injured. This is third such incident involving a Nano barely three months after Tata Motors certified the Nano as ‘‘ absolutely safe’’. The accident took place around noon near Uphaar cinema hall in Green Park, a fire official said.
Two similar incidents were reported in Vadodara and Mumbai earlier this year following which Tata Motors launched an inquiry.
‘‘ On Friday, we were driving from Connaught Place to Hauz Khas, so had barely travelled 8-9 kilometres,’’ John said. The driver was travelling with the advocate’s manager before the accident occurred. Narayan was unavailable for comment.
Automobile experts said the fire was possibly not endemic to the Nano. ‘‘ It is possible that the car had been tweaked to add some features like power windows or a fancy audio system where the wiring was not done properly,’’ said editor-inchief of Zigwheels , Adil Jal Darukhanawala.
Fatal error: Uncaught CurlException: 7: Failed to connect to 2a03:2880:10:1f02:face:b00c:0:8: Network is unreachable thrown in /home/indianca/public_html/wp-content/plugins/seo-facebook-comments/facebook/base_facebook.php on line 825