Tata Motors owned British luxury and sportscar maker Jaguar has just launched the a new variant of its flagship luxury saloon, in the form of the XJ Ultimate model. As its name suggests, the 2013 Jaguar XJ Ultimate comes with a luxury quotient that has been upped considerably. The luxury saloon is available exclusively in long wheelbase form in line with the over arching theme of bespoke luxury. The XJ Ultimate is available with both petrol and diesel engine options. While the diesel engined model is priced at INR 1.79 Crores, the diesel version of the XJ Ultimate is priced at INR 1.88 Crores , both figures reflecting ex-showroom Mumbai figures.
2013 Jaguar XJ LWB Ultimate Luxury Saloon
The Jaguar XJ Ultimate LWB luxury saloon adds the following luxury features,
* Executive Twin Rear Seats with First-Class Airline style seat recline function
* Both the luxury seats come with massage functions and are fully adjustable and fully ventilated
* The center console between the Executive seats comes with an aluminum table that swivels out
* The aluminum table is meant to play host to the wireless keypads that the XJ’s iPads come with
* The center console also features a touch screen for accessing the infotainment system of the car
* A Meridian 20 speaker audio system with wireless headphones are standard
On the outside, the Jaguar XJ Ultimate gets,
* 20-inch alloy wheels
* Exhaust pipes with stainless steel finish
* Chromed air intakes
* ULTIMATE badging to signify the car’s top end positioning
The petrol version of the XJ Ultimate comes with a 5 liter supercharged V8 engine good for 510 Bhp while the diesel version gets the 3 Liter V6 turbo diesel motor that outputs 275 Bhp. Both engines come with 6 speed automatic gearboxes as standard. Top speed is electronically limited at a heady 250 Kph. Limited numbers of the Jaguar XJ have been earmarked for the Indian car market. So, if you want one of these, we suggest that you head to your nearest Jaguar-Land Rover at the earliest. The Jaguar XJ Ultimate is imported into India through the completely built unit(CBU) route and orders for this luxury saloon are now open across all Jaguar-Land Rover dealers in India.