Last week, Isuzu launched three utility vehicles in India, the single cab and crew cab D-Max pick up trucks, and the MU-7 SUV. All three products that arrived into India from Thailand through the CBU route featured prices that both surprised and shocked. Well that was until we went ahead and deconstructed the pricing of the Isuzu utility vehicle range in India. While you can click here to read that piece, we’ll tell you everything that you need to know about the pick up trucks and SUV from Isuzu through this report. Here we go.
2013 Isuzu D-Max Crew Cab Pick Up Truck
* The Isuzu D-Max pick up truck sold in India is available in single cab and double cab variants.
* The single cab variant is aimed at the load carrying segment, is capable of seating two adults and is BS3 compatible.
* However, Isuzu hasn’t skimped on equipment for this SUV with features like power steering, twin airbags and heater coming as standard.
* The double/crew cab variant of the D-Max pick up truck adds a larger cabin with bench seats behind the two front seats.
* Also, the crew cab variant is BS4 compatible, which means that it can be registered across India.
* Both the single cab and crew cab variant of the D-Max are powered by a 2.5 liter turbo diesel engine that features common rail direct injection and a variable geometry turbocharger.
* This engine churns out 136 Bhp of peak power and 294 Nm of peak torque.
* The engine is mated to a 5 speed manual gearbox, which drives the rear wheels of these pick up trucks.
* Both these pick up trucks come with impressive claim top speeds of 175 Kph.
* Acceleration from standstill to 100 Kph is equally impressive with 11 second numbers.
* Air conditioning can be specified as an optional extra on the pick up trucks by shelling out over 1 Lakh rupees.
* Isuzu India has plans of launching the 4 wheel drive version of the D-Max Crew Cab pick up truck in 2014.
* The D-Max single cab variant is priced at INR 6.87 lakhs while the double cab variant is priced at INR 8.09 lakhs.
The MU-7 SUV sits at the top of Isuzu’s Indian range of utility vehicles and comes with a hefty price tag of 23.75 lakhs. At that price, the MU-7 promises to be a rare sight on Indian roads. Don’t miss our image gallery detailing the official technical specifications and other interesting details of the D-Max and MU-7.
2013 Isuzu MU-7 SUV
* The MU-7 SUV is a seven seater with a 2+3+2 format.
* The MU-7 is powered by a 3 liter turbocharged-intercooled diesel engine in an in-line four cylinder configuration.
* The engine outputs 163 Bhp of peak power and 360 Nm of peak torque.
* The gearbox is a 5 speed unit that drives the rear wheels of this big SUV. Isuzu hasn’t offered a 4X4 function, a glaring omission.
* The MU-7′s top speed is rated at 175 Kph while the 0-100 Kph sprint is achieved under 11 seconds.
* ABS, EBD and Twin Airbags are standard.
* Airconditioning with rear AC vents is standard. Another glaring omission is the automatic climate control.
* The MU-7, like the D-Max pick up trucks features a body-on-ladder chassis.
Initially, Isuzu will sell these utility vehicles through two dealerships at Hyderabad and Coimbatore. The Japanese automaker has plans of setting up a factory in India sometime in 2014. After that happens, expect these utility vehicles to be available across the country. Meanwhile, you can Click here to download the PDF brochure of the D-Max and the MU-7.
2013 Isuzu MU-7 SUV Technical Specifications
2013 Isuzu D-Max Single Cab Pick Up Truck Technical Specifications
2013 Isuzu D-Max Double Cab Pick Up Truck Technical Specifications