The Tata Aria Automatic crossover that was showcased at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show is expected to hit production by the end of this year. With the Aria Automatic, Tata Motors will be sold in both international as well as the Indian car market. The Aria Automatic uses a 6 speed automatic gearbox that was first showcased at the 2012 Indian Auto Expo. The gearbox is just one of the many changes that the 2013 model of the Aria is expected to get. In fact the 2013 version of the Aria will be a mid career facelift of the crossover.
2013 Tata Aria Automatic Crossover Facelift
The facelifted version of the Aria will get the following changes apart from the 6 speed automatic gearbox,
* The automatic gearbox now offers 3 modes: Cruise, Economy and Sport.
* A more powerful 2.2 Liter turbo diesel engine with the power output raised from 140 Bhp t0 154 Bhp. The torque output sees a significant bump up from 320 Nm to 400 Nm.
* The rated top speed of the Aria now goes up to 180 Kph.
* The interiors get a revamp with cream leather detailing occupying center stage.
* The seats are Nappa leather items with a custom stitch
* Other bits on the inside like door handles and AC vents get a Piano Black finish.
* The crossover gets a new infotainment system that brings a touch screen based satellite navigation module on board.
* The music system is a Harman Kardon unit, replete with 10 speakers.
* The headlamps get a smoked finish while tail lamps get the clear lens treatment.
* On the outside, the Aria gets a dual tone paint job.
* 19 inch alloy wheels make an appearance.
A four wheel drive system is standard on the top end Aria Automatic. The crossover equipped with the automatic gearbox is expected to sit right t the top of the Aria’s variant line up. At this point in time, Tata Motors hasn’t indicated pricing levels of the Aria Automatic. In due course of time, expect the 6 speed automatic gearbox and the more powerful tune of the 2.2 Liter DICOR engine to make it onto the Safari Storme SUV.
I ride, I blog and I trip. This apart, motorcycles, vintage mechanical watches, people watching, camping and traveling are my other interests. Incidentally, I hold a engineering degree in electronics and work experience in computer networks and professional blogging. I live in Bangalore currently and you could get in touch with me at [email protected]