In images: Dacia Duster Adventure Limited Edition SUV showcased at Geneva 2013
At Geneva 2013, Romanian car maker Dacia, now owned by French car maker Renault, showcased a limited edition variant of the hugely popular Duster SUV. The Duster Adventure Edition gets a bunch of cosmetic changes aimed at making the butch looking SUV look even more rugged. By the looks of it, the limited edition variant of the Duster seems to be destined primarily for European markets. Folks in India though, may take a long hard look at the lovely image gallery we’ve lined up for you and then use the detailed images as inspiration for modding their Renault Dusters.
The Duster Adventure Edition gets the following features,
* Skid plates at the front and rear
* Roof mounted spots lights
* Smoked headlamps and tail lamps
* Red arrows painted on the bumper to denote the attachment position of tow rings and jacks
* Adventure Edition decals on the flanks of the SUV
* Gloss black finish for the front grille, wing mirrors, door handles and roof rails
* Tinted windows
* 16 inch steel wheels painted black
* New upholstery for black coloured seats with contrast white stitching
* Black and white contrast shades for the dashboard. While the center console comes gets the all-black treatment, the AC vents, steering wheel and door handles feature white elements.
* Garmin GPS with lifetime map updates
Under the hood, the 1.6 Liter petrol engine and the 1.5 Liter K9K turbo diesel engine remain unchanged. While power and torque transmission is by means of a 5 speed manual gearbox, the Duster Adventure is available in 4X2 and 4X4 models. While the D-Cross based facelifted Duster was anticipated to see a Geneva unveil, it seems like we have to make do with the Adventure Edition for now. The D-Cross based facelifted Duster should make its debut later this year as the SUV is coming under increasing threat from new upstarts like the Ford EcoSport, the Peugeot 2008 and the Chevrolet Trax.