Maruti Suzuki, the market leader in the Indian car market has big plans in the pipeline, in order to maintain its leadership position in the country. 2013 is expected to see a slew of car launches from Maruti Suzuki with facelifts being planned across its model line up. First up, the Maruti Suzuki WagonR facelift is expected to be launched in the next few days. The 2013 WagonR facelift will feature minor stylistic changes to the front end while the insides of the car are expected to see a couple of extra features to round off the facelift.
2013 Maruti Suzuki WagonR Facelift Front
Apart from the WagonR facelift, here’s what Maruti Suzuki plans to launch in 2013,
* 2013 Maruti Suzuki Swift Facelift: The best selling B+ segment hatchback could get a facelift barely two years after the all new model was launched.
* The Zen Estilo is also expected to go under the scalpel to get a facelift.
* Maruti Suzuki has been caught testing the SX4 facelift in India over the last few days. The facelifted SX4 is expected to be launched in India later this year. Apart from a cosmetic makeover, the SX4 facelift is expected to get a few additional features on the inside. The SX4 facelift that will be launched in India will closely mirror the facelifted China-spec model.
* In late 2013 or early 2014, Maruti Suzuki could launch a 800cc turbo diesel engine powered small car. The small capacity 800cc turbo diesel engine is currently being developed by Suzuki engineers at Japan. An 800cc diesel powered small car is expected to be Maruti Suzuki’s answer to the Tata Nano Diesel.
* While the SX4 is available in crossover(hatchback) and sedan forms in many international markets, Maruti has launched only the sedan version of this car, which has turned out to be a dud-seller for the brand. Maruti Suzuki is expected to launch the crossover version of the SX4 in the middle of 2014, in a bid to boost sales.
2013 Maruti Suzuki SX4 Crossover
So, with the bunch of car launches being lined up, 2013 promises to be a busy year for the country’s largest car maker.